You can purchase books with your registration to have them signed by John Parra on October 26. A limited number of books may be available for sale at Fall Into Books, but prices will be higher than they are here.
If you have a discount code for your system, it does not include the price of the books.
Regular Registration ($100)
Lunch will be provided to all attendees
To pay by purchase order, select "pay by check" and follow the instructions to mail payment to Southeastern NY Library Resources Council.
WE REGRET REFUNDS ARE NOT POSSIBLE
Please choose 3 Book Discussion Groups in order of preference. You will be assigned two choices.
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!
- Group I Picture Books | Goldilocks and the Three Engineers, Penny the Engineering Tail of the Fourth Little Pig, The Plan for the Gingerbread House, Jabari Tries, The Pigeon Will Ride the Roller Coaster
- Group II Picture Books / Elementary | A Splash of Red: the life and art of Horace Pippin, Jes Happened: When Bill Traylor Started to Draw, Action Jackson, Through Georgia's Eyes, Frida Kahlo and her Animalitos
- Group III Elementary | Eye by Eye: Comparing How Animals See, What if You Had Animal Eyes?!, Eye to Eye: How Animals See the World, I've Got Eyes! Exceptional Eyes of the Animal World
- Group IV Elementary | How Chipmunk Got his Stripes, Turtle's Race With Beaver, Song of the Hermit Thrush, The Rough-Face Girl
- Group V Middle Grade| The Lightning Thief, Cupcake Diaries: Katie and the Cupcake Cure, Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy
- Group VI Middle / Teen | Unseelie, Just Roll With It, Anything But Typical
- Group VII Teen | Crank, Punching the Air, Clap When You Land
- Group VIII Teen | The Last True Poets of the Sea, These Violent Delights
See the chart on www.fallintobooks.org for a list of all the discussion leaders and book authors.
In order to ensure the most rewarding exchange of ideas, participants are expected to read all of their pre-assigned titles.
Confirmation of group assignments will be e-mailed upon receipt of payment.
NOTE: You are not fully registered until you have received an email confirmation with your assigned discussion group. If you have not received an email confirmation by Friday, October 1, 2023, public librarians should contact RCLS or MHLS; school librarians contact your respective school library system.
FALL INTO BOOKS CONFERENCE OUTCOMES
- Engage effectively in collaborative discussions.
- Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take.
- Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text.
- Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
- Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
- Analyze how and why individuals, events, or ideas develop and interact over the course of a text.
- 8:30 am - 8:55 am Registration
- 8:55 am - 9:00 am: Introduction
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Morning speaker
- 10:10 am - 11:10 am: Book Discussion Groups: 1st session
- 11:10 am - 11:25 am: Book Sales and Break
- 11:25 am - 12:25 pm: Book Discussion Groups: 2nd Session
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: Lunch and book sales
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm: Author Presentation
- 2:30 pm: Closing
Accommodations / Dietary Needs
Fall Into Books welcomes people of all abilities to programs. Please leave a message in the field below to request an accommodation, such as ASL interpreters, audio description, wheelchair access, or other reasonable accommodations. Requesting accommodations as early as possible is critical to ensure availability.
Please also let us know if you have a dietary requirement. Please note that foods are not prepared in an allergen-free environment.